Monday, November 16, 2009

Goals ... and why I always seem to change them ...

Last week sometime, there was a prompt to post about Goals that you have (in general) for the Blogging for Scrapbookers class.  


I have goals.  Lots of them.  Honestly?  Too many of them.  I want things that I sometimes even think I'm crazy for wanting ... that they'll never realistically happen ... but it doesn't stop me from wanting them.  I write down my goals all the time ... then slowly, one by one I lose focus on them.  Other things take priority over scheduling time out to focus on specific things for myself.  (I know I can't be the only woman with this problem.)  I feel like my goals are like my to-do lists ... I write them down, really want them accomplished but somehow just misplace the notebook I keep it in so I move on to something else without ever thinking twice.


So here's my question ... how do YOU focus your goals into something that's attainable?  How do you not forget about them when something else comes along needing your focus?  


4 comments:

  1. I wish I could be more helpful, but I struggle with the very same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do just what you do, wish I knew the secret!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Beverly,
    Thanks for visiting my blog and for wishing me luck with the craft fair - I didn't sell much but I did get a painting done while I was manning the stall so not a total loss!

    As for how to focus on your goals - the trick is to break them down into bite size pieces. I haven't accomplished any of my big goals - I want to be a published writer and earn some money (even a small amount) from my art and craft, but I don't mind that I haven't reached them yet as I know I'm trying it step by step.

    I break it down - eg, this month I will enter that writing competition, this week I will write another chapter of my book, this season I will run a craft stall at a fair. And then if those things don't work out I try not to get disheartened - I just feel good because I'm getting out there and doing something and then I move onto the next step - the next writing competition or trying to get my art/craft into shops.

    Just take it a step at a time. You may not get there fast but you will feel like you're being true to yourself! x

    ReplyDelete